Blog Title with Boarder

Blog Updates as the Smiths minister the Gospel in Peru

Friday, January 06, 2006

It's Off & Away!

Movers

It's official: all our worldly goods are now en route to Peru! I could not have made it without my buddies, Matthew Nasekos and Bert Kuyrkendall. Matthew drove all the way from Jackson (1.5 hours) and Bert came up from Hattiesburg (30 minutes).

Arriving At 7:25 AM our container arrives. It is 28 degrees and we have a two hour window to load it. My first thought we I saw the container arrive was, "Oh no! There is no way all our things are going to fit!"






Container 1My friend Robert Sikes, member of the Ellisville Presbyterian Church, surveys all that needs to get onto a 20 foot container. He thinks to himself, "Will it all go?" In the meantime I ask the driver when our two hours begin. He tells me, "30 minutes ago when I pulled up." Oh no!


Container 2


Matthew, Bert, and Robert don't waste one inch of space.










Container 3


The little red car must go! Bert told us toys like this are worth more in Peru than a nice rocking chair.







LeavingAmazingly, it all fits! The Lord must have shrunk our goods as we packed. We didn't need that old couch anyway. God had favor on us and has answered our prayers! "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life" (Psalm 23:6).




Next Monday our little container will be afloat on a ship like this.


Container

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I hope your container will be in the middle of the ship and not on the outside!!! How do they keep those things from falling off in rough seas, anyways?
John Ferguson

1/06/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allen, Sandi, Abigail, and Adeline, you are in our thoughts and prayers! We love you...and miss you already!! Thanks for the update...keep them coming! With Love, The John McCarty family from Georgia, by way of Ellisville, Mississippi!

1/15/2006 11:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Hit Counter