Blog Title with Boarder

Blog Updates as the Smiths minister the Gospel in Peru

Monday, January 16, 2006

Stepping through the Wardrobe

narnia wardrobe


We are officially stepping through the wardrobe. The girls will come out on the other side thinking, “We aren’t in Kansas anymore.” What an adventure they are in for!

As we stop in Dallas for our two hour layover to Lima, I wanted to give you a quick update. Last week God saw favor in two areas:

(1) I’m now officially a missionary of Grace Presbytery! At the last stated meeting of Grace Presbytery last Tuesday, the brethren saw fit to pass my oversight plan with Christian Missionary Society. I could not be happier to represent the Lord Jesus Christ and Grace Presbytery in Peru.

visas(2) We now have our visas. Immediately after presbytery, we flew to Miami. We needed to pickup our residential visas at the Peruvian Consulate. As a bonus, God gave us a free five star hotel in Miami. The hotel we originally reserved over booked, so they put us up at the very nice Intercontinental Hotel across town.







BiltmoreSince it only took one day to get our visas, we rested the second day in Miami. We stopped by the Biltmore and enjoyed touring its grounds.

Now we are literally hours away from arriving in the land of our calling. Next week is General Assembly for the Iglesia Evangélica Presbiteriana del Perú. There we will meet all the minsters with whom we will be labor together. We cannot believe we are almost there! I guess I’ll need to change the name of our blog.

Thanks again for your prayers!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you guys that we are praying for you! We hope the flight is painless for all, especially Adeline, and that your journey into the wardrobe is an affirming and fruitful one. We are so excited to hear how your first few months in Peru are!

1/15/2006 08:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are in my prayers. I know that God is going to use you all in great and mighty ways (HE already has!).

1/15/2006 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger a likens said...

I will be praying for you. I hate that I missed you at the airport. I would have met you there today. Love you,
Angie B

1/16/2006 07:08:00 AM  
Blogger Damon Scharff said...

I am praying for you and your family! God bless you.
Suzie S
(we met at General Assembly in Atl)

1/16/2006 07:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The whole Peterson clan is praying for you! I can't believe you're almost there. We love you and anxiously await news of your safe arrival.
much love,
Brian, Anna, Samuel, Kiah, Kate and Timothy (better known as "T.J.")

1/16/2006 10:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I hope yall get there safe and with no trouble. I finally got to check out your Web page and I showed it to mom. She was excited about yall having something on the Web to keep us back here updated on yall's life in Peru. By the way, thanks for the early graduation money! I am excited about graduating in May but I am not sure yet where I am going for graduate school yet. I am sure I'll keep yall updated or your mom will. Love yall!

1/16/2006 01:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Daniel, Rose, Daniel Jr., Emma Rose, Walter, Ingrid Nan, Jackson, Harley, Maggie, and Constance Noelle (new addition - 12/23/05). We will be praying for you and your precious family as you labor in the Peruvian fields for His elect children. Fight the good fight of the faith! Pray without ceasing! Give Sandy and your children our greetings and love.

1/17/2006 08:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Hit Counter