Blog Title with Boarder

Blog Updates as the Smiths minister the Gospel in Peru

Monday, December 11, 2006

Seminary Module in Cajamarca

Several months ago, the missionary team thought it would be good for me to set a date to teach a seminary module class in Cajamarca. The purpose was to not only to encourage the brethren in Cajamarca but also to set a goal for my language aquistion. In other words this was my Spanish Midterm Exam. I taught a Biblical Theology course on "The Sacred World of Israel" where I showed how sacred space, sacred people, and sacred time all find their fulfillment in Christ.

I had never been to Cajamarca, the land of Peru Mission's founding father, Alonzo Ramirez. He gave me a tour around the lovely city and many of the surrounding country churches. Many of the churches were recently planted while others were started by Scottish missionaries eighty years ago. Here are a few pictures from my trip...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Hit Counter