Blog Title with Boarder

Blog Updates as the Smiths minister the Gospel in Peru

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Another Loss

Last night I received a phone call from my brother that our dear grandfather, Gerald Abshire, had passed away surrounded by all his children and many grandchildren. He would have been 93 years old this July and was still living indepently in the same house he raised his four children. He lived in Kaplan, LA, outsite of Lafayette in "cajun country" most call it and spoke prodomintly French. I have so many fond childhood memories of spending a week each summer with he and my grandmother. He loved to sing and dance to Zydeco music and play his accordion while all his grandchildren dance around him. He was as full blooded cajun as they come! I wish I could be with my family for the funeral, but will not be able to make the trip being 7 months pregnant. He was greatly loved and will be greatly missed.

~Sandi

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger a likens said...

I know you are sad. What a rich life he lived with his family! And what great memories you have been blessed with.

I do love you,
Ang

4/18/2007 08:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Free Hit Counter